Tuesday 8 April 2008

the olympic flame (shit happens)


shit happens, originally uploaded by pedalturista.

i crossed pont carroussel, on my way to a delivery in rue auber, i wanted to cut across le louvre but the olympic flame was about to pass by there so the road was closed and the cops wouldn't let me cross, so i had to go on quai francois mitterand... my campy zonda got caught up on the pave... i remember seeing my front wheel coming off the fork... and then i just flew over the bars... hands first, then my left knee on the pave... then i rolled over and saw my wheel flying away and the rest of the bike across the road... my messenger bag stopped me. i got up. a cop asked me " ça va?" and picked up my bike... my wheel had 4 spokes broken. the fork is a bit bent. i sat there trying to figure out what happened. i saw the olympic flame surrounded by cops everywhere passed by. i booed...
i was lucky, i guess. i blame the pitlock (somehow it came loose?).
my knee still hurts. i hope i can go back to work on thursday.
(i've borrowed sophie's front wheel again)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joer, menos mal que no te has roto nada!!
Justo te quería poner un mail para preguntarte un par de cosillas técnicas...vaya susto. Yo también tengo pitlock, lo he usado en las 3 últimas bicis, nunca me ha pasado nada, lo observaré con detenimiento a ver cómo está.
Recupérate.

Anonymous said...

Hey, me acabo de enterar. ¡Menos mal que no te has roto nada!
Vaya susto, ¿no?
Me alegro que sólo haya quedado en eso, un susto.
I knew this Olympic Games thing (China et al) is a real SHIT!! ;-)
Te llamo esta semana y hablamos.
Cuídate mucho.
Besos